Sciotex is looking for skilled AI oriented software engineers for machine vision systems development projects. You will work with our engineering team to design and develop the machine vision and complex test systems that support manufacturing automation and scientific research related projects.
The duties include designing, developing, and supporting advanced Computer Vision systems for manufacturing and scientific research. Demonstrable success and interest in computer vision related software development, image processing, AI and the associated electronic and mechatronics systems design. Our company builds automated test and inspection systems, industrial automation, machine vision systems, process control, robotics and automated test equipment for many different industries and research institutions. Please see our website sciotex.com to get a view into the wide variety of scientific and industrial automation applications our engineers and system developers have delivered to many great research and commercial institutions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills & qualifications:
- MS or Ph.D. as a Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Systems Engineer, Computer Vision, Software Engineering, Automation Engineer, Physics or an Undergraduate Degree in the afore mentioned with over 5 years of practical experience.
- Strong Programming Experience with Matlab, LabVIEW, C, or Python with strong experience with major AI platforms or custom developed platforms.
- Solidworks or AutoCAD design experience is helpful but not required.
- Strong analytical, mathematics and software design skills including the ability to quickly learn and adapt new technologies.
- Broad technical knowledge spanning a wide range of application areas alongside computer vison such as designing and wiring control systems, PLC’s, motion control, robotics, vision systems, and using electrical test instrumentation.
- Excellent writing, communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization with respect to balancing R&D needs with project timelines, working independently both onsite as part of a team and remotely.
Local Philadelphia area candidates are preferred as this position requires on-site hands-on interaction and assembly of hardware and sub-systems in our fabrication shop in the Philadelphia area. However, this position will also have some remote work and flexible schedule options available depending on the type of work being performed. Relocation assistance is provided for exceptionally qualified candidates.
This is a direct hire position and as such we are not accepting applications from recruiters at this time.