MVIS is a visual inspection system designed to efficiently inspect multiple sides of small objects. MVIS works best for objects that are 0.1 inches (2.5 mm) to 2 inches (51 mm) in size. For larger parts, please refer to Sciotex ConveyorVIEW Inspection Systems.
MVIS works by transporting each part on the rotating glass disc through multiple imaging stations. In each station, a different side/segment of the part is inspected. Since the part is sitting on a glass disc, the bottom side can also be inspected without any need to flip the part. After inspection, the parts are separated or sorted by diverting them into separate bins.
- Defect detection
- Gauging and Metrology
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) & OCV
Optional Hardware Substations
- Cameras and lighting for imaging the sides, top, and/or bottom of the objects. Some of the imaging options include:
- Dark field lighting for accentuating surface defects (scratches, pits, cracks, etc.)
- Diffusing lighting for reducing glare on glossy surfaces
- Back lighting for high contrast images of the edges of the object
- Telecentric optics and lighting for highly accurate gauging and measurement
- 360° optical inspection cameras for viewing surfaces inside holes and around cylindrical objects
- Singulators for placing the parts onto MVIS one at a time.
- Diverters for separating parts into different bins
Turn-key System with Customized Software
After selecting the appropriate hardware components for your MVIS, Sciotex will develop custom vision algorithms for your specific application, whether it be gauging portions of the part, detecting specific defect type, etc. Each MVIS will be delivered as a turn-key solution including a custom user interface, reconfigurable tolerances and sorting parameters, and virtually any other software feature that you request.
Please contact us for a free consultation.