Sciotex is looking for a highly motivated, and creative individual to fill an opening for a Solidworks Designer. Sciotex is a leading industrial and scientific systems developer for large companies and research institutions. We are currently reviewing applicants to help deliver on a growing project list.
Responsibilities and Duties
The technical duties include: designing, developing, and assisting in assembling custom mechatronics systems related to industrial automation, automated test equipment and scientific applications. We incorporate a wide variety of technologies and methods i.e. machine vision, motion control, electronic controllers, robotics, etc. Along with Solidworks design expertise, we need someone who will also maintain the bill of materials for the design and assist in parts sourcing and acquisition.
Please see our website (sciotex.com) to preview the wide variety of cutting-edge laboratory and industrial automation applications our engineers and system developers have delivered to our many Fortune 500 customers.
Comfort with client communications, managing scope and full-cycle development is necessary as is comfort working with a very talented engineering team. While most client work can be accomplished locally, travel to client sites for assessments, check-points and installs will be occasionally required.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills & qualifications:
• Degree in mechanical or electronics engineering.
• Experience developing best practices for industrial systems design electrical / mechanical.
• Electrical / mechanical 3D CAD design experience using Solidworks.
• Well developed analytical skills and the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
• Broad technical knowledge spanning a wide range of application areas.
• Excellent writing, communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both alone and with colleagues in both design and build situations.
• Discipline and organization with respect to milestones and project deadlines.
Candidates must be either a U.S. citizen or already legally working in the U.S. No visa sponsorship nor relocation assistance is available for this position. We are not accepting applications from offshore or remote candidates at this time.
Pay is commensurate with skills and qualifications of the applicant. Sciotex offers great career growth options for motivated candidates.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time