Sciotex is looking for a highly motivated, and creative individual to fill an opening for an Automation and Robotics Engineer. Candidates will be skilled in multi-faceted development projects which are focused around manufacturing automation, advanced vision systems and robotics. We are currently reviewing applicants to help deliver a growing project list from our Newtown Square, PA offices.
Responsibilities and Duties
The technical duties include: designing, developing, and installing custom mechanical, electronics, software, plc’s and controllers incorporating a wide variety of technologies like DAQ, machine vision, motion and robotics control. Please see our website (sciotex.com) to get a taste of the wide variety of cutting-edge laboratory and industrial automation applications our engineers and system developers have delivered to our many Fortune 500 customers.
Comfort with client communications, managing scope and full-cycle development is necessary as is comfort working with a very talented engineering team.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Advanced degree preferred: Mechanical Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Robotics, Mechatronics or Physics with 4 years of work experience. Or Undergraduate degree with 6 years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of LabVIEW and/or Solidworks is strongly preferred but can be substituted with other languages or AutoCAD.
- Well developed analytical skills and the ability to quickly learn new technologies, controller interfaces and communications.
- Broad technical design knowledge spanning a wide range of application areas with hands-on experience in mechanical, electronics and/or robotics.
- Excellent writing, communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both alone and on a team with colleagues.
- Discipline and organization with respect to systems development, documentation and maintenance.
Sciotex is a small, growing company looking for the right mix of talent, motivation and personality to grow alongside a high performance team in a non corporate-driven, flexible work environment where innovation takes priority.
Candidates must be either a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident. No visa sponsorship is available for this position. We are not accepting applications from offshore or remote candidates. No recruiters, this is a direct hire position only.