The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and inspiring his or her team to achieve their performance metrics. Initially, 50% of your role will involve Design Engineering and 50% will be leading the engineering team, strategizing, project management etc. Your collaborative attitude and interpersonal skills will help you thrive as an Engineering Manager.
- Manage, coach, and support engineering team
- Create a technical strategy and budget proposal
- Implement and monitor technical strategy performance metrics
- Communicate engineer team goals with engineering staff members
- Coordinate internal teams to ensure project timelines and budgets are met
- Design Automation Systems and Computer Vision systems using Solidworks
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or related field of study
- Master’s Degree in Engineering Management or Technology Management Preferred
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong engineering design, interpersonal and communication skills
- Programming and Software Development experience in LabVIEW is helpful but not required
This is a direct hire position and as such we are not accepting applications from recruiters at this time.
Experience gained from a BS or MS in engineering or systems development preferred. Strong design experience with Solidworks and/or AutoCAD (mechanical and electrical) is required. The ability to write code (LabVIEW / C / Python) is very helpful, but not required. Also helpful is training and experience with formal project management. These technical qualifications along with a love of engineering, solving big challenges, strong work ethic, teamwork and desire to work on full-cycle projects is a great combination.
Please browse our website (sciotex.com) to get a taste of the wide variety of cutting-edge laboratory and industrial automation applications our engineers and system developers have delivered to our many Fortune 500 customers.
Candidates must be either a U.S. citizen or already legally working in the U.S. No visa sponsorship nor relocation assistance are available for this position. This position requires hands-on work with equipment in our fabrication shop. Therefore, we are not accepting applications from offshore or fully remote candidates at this time.
Pay is commensurate with skills and qualifications of the applicant. Sciotex offers great career growth options for motivated and talented candidates.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Location: Onsite + Remote Options + Flexible Schedule