Sciotex is looking for a highly motivated, and creative individual to fill an opening for an Automation Engineer. Candidates will be skilled in multi-faceted development projects which are focused around manufacturing automation, advanced vision systems and robotics. We are currently reviewing applicants to help deliver a growing project list from our Newtown Square, PA offices.
Responsibilities and Duties
The technical duties include: designing, developing, and installing custom mechanical, electronics, software, plc’s and controllers incorporating a wide variety of technologies like DAQ, machine vision, motion and robotics control. Please see our website (sciotex.com) to see the wide variety of laboratory and industrial automation applications our engineers and system developers have delivered to our many Fortune 500 customers.
Comfort with client communications, managing scope and full-cycle development is necessary as is comfort working with a very talented engineering team.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Advanced degree preferred: Mechanical Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Robotics, Mechatronics or Physics with 4 years of work experience. Or Undergraduate degree with 6 years of work experience.
- Strong experience with Solidworks is required. Programming experience in Python, C or LabVIEW strongly preferred. Interest in AI and advanced imaging technologies helpful.
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to quickly learn new technologies, controller interfaces, PLCs, HMIs and software.
- Broad technical design knowledge spanning a wide range of application areas with hands-on experience in mechanical, electronics and/or robotics.
- Excellent writing, communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both alone and on a team with colleagues.
- Discipline and organization with respect to systems development, documentation and maintenance.
Sciotex is a small, growing company looking for the right mix of talent, ambition and personality to grow alongside a high-performance team in a non-corporate-driven, flexible work environment where innovation takes priority.
This is an onsite position located in Newtown Square, PA. We are not accepting applications from remote-only candidates. No recruiters, this is a direct hire position only.